Ways of Being Māori updated: Characteristics, Attitudes and Behaviours of Urban Māori
Project purpose: To analyse patterns in the characteristics, attitudes and behaviours of Māori distinguished by various attributes e.g. urban/rural, different definitions of Māori ethnicity, in order to reveal some of the major ways in which Māori vary.
The programme of work to be carried out
- Review relevant literature on the topic of urban Māori and ways of being Māori and update bibliography developed for the Urban Māori project
- Choose a particular topic and an appropriate data set to work with in order to explore that topic
- Develop univariate and multivariate analyses and interpretations of the data including comparisons in terms of different ways of defining ethnicity, urban/rural etc.
- Write up a publication-quality report presenting the results of the analyses.
Day to day nature of the work: The work will entirely be in an office equipped with a computer with SPSS.
Skills the student will learn
- Literature review
- Quantitative data processing
- Quantitative data analysis and interpretation
- Report writing.