LSAANZ Conference Attendance Award
Award to assist students attend the Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand (LSAANZ) Conference 2017.
Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga is offering up to 10 small scholarships to assist Māori tertiary students with costs of attending the 2017 LSAANZ conference in Dunedin.
Each scholarship is valued at up to $NZ600 and is designed to assist with conference registration costs, travel costs and/or accommodation.
To qualify, students must:
- be of Māori descent (whakapapa must be provided);
- be enrolled in a New Zealand tertiary institution either as a final year undergraduate student or as a postgraduate student;
- have a research interest in law and society;
- if a postgraduate student, present a paper at the LSAANZ conference (submit an abstract at http://www.otago.ac.nz/lsaanz/call-for-papers);
- if a postgraduate student, attend the LSAANZ Postgraduate Workshop on 6 December 2017;
- attend the LSAANZ conference (7-9 December 2017); and
- be unable to access sufficient funding from their home institution to support their attendance at the LSAANZ conference.
Māori students from Law, Humanities and Social Sciences in particular are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship recipients must attend and fully participate throughout the conference. Note that withdrawal or non-attendance will automatically forfeit entitlement to the scholarship.
Applications must be made online, providing the following:
- a 200 word statement explaining why you would benefit from attending this conference;
- a basic CV
- academic transcript
- a detailed budget with supporting documents or quotes (eg AirNZ website printouts);
- a letter of support from the student’s primary supervisor (or if an undergraduate student, a letter of support from a lecturer) noting how participation at LSAANZ relates to your scholarship and also noting that the student has insufficient access to institutional funds;
- and if a postgraduate student, confirmation that you have submitted a conference abstract.
All applications must be received by 4 August 2017.
Postgraduate applicants must respond to the call for papers by 14 July 2017.
To submit an abstract please visit http://www.otago.ac.nz/lsaanz/call-for-papers/
Any queries about the scholarship should be directed to:
email@example.com (Co-Director, Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga New Zealand’s Māori Centre of Research Excellence)
TO APPLY COMPLETE FORM BELOW.
Note you will need to upload your completed application files (statement, budget, support letter).